Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Is Conscious Awareness

I have had the blessing of witnessing the bliss of my being nourished only on raw and living foods foods for 36 days to be exact - and during those gloriously glorious days, I was living in heaven on earth. My every moment centered on participating in the process of living on live foods. I slept well, my energy was through the roof, and I never felt hungry or deprived of flavor. I was walking daily, breathing in fresh air, and basking in nature light.

Why didn't I continue in this bliss? Don't know. Maybe it was because I was away from home and everything I needed was provided for me. Maybe it was because I hadn't fully made a conscious committment to my own happiness. Maybe I was not yet clear as to my intention for embracing a live food lifestyle. Maybe I was afraid to move beyond what I grew up knowing - traditions, culture, etc. Maybe it was my low level of bliss? Or maybe I was just being willful against the urgings of Spirit to purify my spirit, mind, and body.

Regardless of the whys of the past, I have become increasingly aware of how differently I function - spirit, mind, and body, depending on how I choose to nourish my being.

There are times when not a vegetable or fruit crosses my palate, let alone my plate. In those moment, quick and easy, and often fast or process food prevails. And others, when I desire only fresh, whole, ripe, unccoked or cooked fruits and vegetable based dishes, and can not find any when I most want them. The irony here is that I am usually looking outside my own kitchen for them - restaurants, malls, etc.

Regardless of fears - of actually succeeding, making a choice that feels so right for me, yet may be viewed differently by those I know and love, the bliss of Spirit loving all over me from the inside out in a way the feels as if it is way outside my comfort zone, I am clear of a few things:

It is time for a change and I am the only one that can make the changes
My intention is to live my life a raw as I wanna be and do no harm to another
My intention is to be a living demonstration of how Wholeness as Health (c), Culture and Tradition can coexhist harmonioiusly
My intention is to be patiently present in the process one step at a time
My intention is to allow Spirit to lovingly guide me along this journey


Yogi Bhjan says "Knowledge become wisdom when I experience it with my own heart and being, when it becomes my own personal experience."

Recently, Spirt lead me to Daniel 1:8, 12-17. Enough said...I hear you...I am now ready to listen and be guided by you...because the blessing is in the allowing...




No comments: